Description of the state before implementation:
The customer had a physically built solution of fermenters used to produce biogas from biological matter. This technology was operated by operators manually via drive switches, while the evaluation of biogas production data was not ensured.
We designed an industrial control system and its software to control one of the phases of biogas production. As the customer's system was built in advance, we adapted our solution to the situation in which the control system was located. After consulting with the customer, we provided the solution with time cycles of individual steps such as mass dosing, mixing and draining, with control of drive overload. As part of the project, we created a user environment that allows operators and technologists to adjust the individual parameters of a complex system as needed, depending on the various impacts of biogas production. In addition, we have implemented a system of sending SMS messages to operators, who are thus notified of the need for immediate action.
The benefits that our customer has gained:
- less intervention by operators during production, who were thus able to operate several devices in parallel
- acquisition and evaluation of current data on biogas production
- prediction of dangerous phenomena that could represent a failure for the customer
- SMS messages that reduce intervention and downtime
- overall streamlining of the biogas production process